Politics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Politics

Post by Kacy on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:52 pm

All opinions are welcome. If you don't like it, don't read it. If there is something going on in your area, in your country or something happening somewhere in the world that you would like to discuss, feel free to post it here Very Happy


Last edited by Kacy on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Kacy
Admin

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-03-09
Location : Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by petunia846 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:12 pm

Oh man, this one could get crazy. Ha! Are we allowed to employ duct tape in here or is this a weapons-free zone? Wink

petunia846

Posts : 87
Join date : 2010-03-10
Location : Here.

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by mar on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:07 am

In regards (haha, i accidentally typed "retards" first, whoops!) to your question about duct tape usage, petunia, it would depend upon the manner in which it's used. Would I enjoy this? Would it be considered sexual harrassment? If you answer yes to both those questions, bring on the duct tape! Haha.

No, in all seriousness, some of us are just huge nerds and really, really into politics as a hobby. I know, totally doesn't match my image. Oh well! I have no desire for anything to get mean spirited. Just an update on what's happening or intelligent conversations. Very Happy
avatar
mar
Admin

Posts : 71
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by petunia846 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:43 am

I'm into politics as well, but I think this is the area in which our views on things diverge...if you know what I mean.

Lately I haven't been keeping up with things as well as I should but I've gotten kind of sick of the same news everyday. It all runs together, nothing new is happening. I'm not sure anything will ever get done again.

petunia846

Posts : 87
Join date : 2010-03-10
Location : Here.

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by mar on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:34 pm

petunia846 wrote:I'm into politics as well, but I think this is the area in which our views on things diverge...if you know what I mean.

Lately I haven't been keeping up with things as well as I should but I've gotten kind of sick of the same news everyday. It all runs together, nothing new is happening. I'm not sure anything will ever get done again.

And here I was really looking forward to you mentioning some creative uses of duct tape...
avatar
mar
Admin

Posts : 71
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by petunia846 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:12 pm

supermarissa26 wrote:
petunia846 wrote:I'm into politics as well, but I think this is the area in which our views on things diverge...if you know what I mean.

Lately I haven't been keeping up with things as well as I should but I've gotten kind of sick of the same news everyday. It all runs together, nothing new is happening. I'm not sure anything will ever get done again.

And here I was really looking forward to you mentioning some creative uses of duct tape...
Well there are some people over at Fox News that I'd love to use duct tape on.

Do you follow Tim Matheson on Twitter? Did you read the opinion piece he Tweeted?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/11/AR2010031102523.html

petunia846

Posts : 87
Join date : 2010-03-10
Location : Here.

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by mar on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:48 pm

petunia846 wrote:
supermarissa26 wrote:
petunia846 wrote:I'm into politics as well, but I think this is the area in which our views on things diverge...if you know what I mean.

Lately I haven't been keeping up with things as well as I should but I've gotten kind of sick of the same news everyday. It all runs together, nothing new is happening. I'm not sure anything will ever get done again.

And here I was really looking forward to you mentioning some creative uses of duct tape...
Well there are some people over at Fox News that I'd love to use duct tape on.

Do you follow Tim Matheson on Twitter? Did you read the opinion piece he Tweeted?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/11/AR2010031102523.html

I don't follow Tim Matheson, and I'm not even sure who he is? Anyway, I of course, read the article. I'm all for unbiased journalism. Hello, Keith Olberman, Rachel Maddow, are you there? Wink I'm just sayin...it can easily go both ways depending on who you choose to call out.
avatar
mar
Admin

Posts : 71
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by petunia846 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:54 pm

supermarissa26 wrote:I'm just sayin...it can easily go both ways depending on who you choose to call out.
Certainly.

Tim Matheson is Evil Larry from the show. He also directs a lot.

petunia846

Posts : 87
Join date : 2010-03-10
Location : Here.

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by mar on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:59 pm

petunia846 wrote:
supermarissa26 wrote:I'm just sayin...it can easily go both ways depending on who you choose to call out.
Certainly.

Tim Matheson is Evil Larry from the show. He also directs a lot.

Evil Larry...as if there was any other! LOL

Not going to lie, I actually prefer to read all my politics news than watch TV (any channel for it). Though, I saw the most amazing Glen Beck (I know, it's weird because normally he is full on crazy) show where he had an all black audience to get their thoughts on Obama. It was really cool to see.
avatar
mar
Admin

Posts : 71
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by petunia846 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 pm

supermarissa26 wrote:
petunia846 wrote:
supermarissa26 wrote:I'm just sayin...it can easily go both ways depending on who you choose to call out.
Certainly.

Tim Matheson is Evil Larry from the show. He also directs a lot.

Evil Larry...as if there was any other! LOL

Not going to lie, I actually prefer to read all my politics news than watch TV (any channel for it). Though, I saw the most amazing Glen Beck (I know, it's weird because normally he is full on crazy) show where he had an all black audience to get their thoughts on Obama. It was really cool to see.
If someone wanted to torture me for information, the easiest method would be to tie me up (perhaps with duct tape) and force me to watch Fox News, especially Glen Beck. *shudders*

petunia846

Posts : 87
Join date : 2010-03-10
Location : Here.

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by mar on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:28 pm

petunia846 wrote:
If someone wanted to torture me for information, the easiest method would be to tie me up (perhaps with duct tape) and force me to watch Fox News, especially Glen Beck. *shudders*

That would have to be how I feel about Keith Olberman. I mean, look, I'm not a Jorge Bus (rhymes with loose, like the spanish say it) fan either. But he's certainly not the worst person in the world...day after day. There has to be a murderer, rapist, child predator, or you know, Osama Bin Laden or an underwear bomber. And it's sad, I used to like Keith when he was on sportscenter, then apparently his head exploded and he became what he is now.
avatar
mar
Admin

Posts : 71
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by Kacy on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:58 pm

So, we have lots of opinions on here and we have a (some?) healthcare worker(s) on here. How does everyone feel about the healthcare bill that just passed? I don't know much about it or how it will affect my family, but I would like to hear some of your opinions Smile
avatar
Kacy
Admin

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-03-09
Location : Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by Hillsbaby29 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:43 pm

Kacy wrote:So, we have lots of opinions on here and we have a (some?) healthcare worker(s) on here. How does everyone feel about the healthcare bill that just passed? I don't know much about it or how it will affect my family, but I would like to hear some of your opinions Smile

I'm not for the government telling (making) me have health insurance or they will hit me with a fine.
avatar
Hillsbaby29

Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-03-09
Location : South Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by mar on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:58 am

Kacy wrote:So, we have lots of opinions on here and we have a (some?) healthcare worker(s) on here. How does everyone feel about the healthcare bill that just passed? I don't know much about it or how it will affect my family, but I would like to hear some of your opinions Smile

I call myself a "conservative" but as far as party, it would be Libertarian. Something I believe very strongly in is less government control over everything (and if there has to be some, it should be from the state, not federal, government). As far as the healthcare bill, if healthcare is a right, and everyone has to have it or get a fine, when will they make everyone own a gun or get a fine?

And yup, they're doing great with Social Security, Medicaid, and Medicare...ugh! I'm not saying it's necessarily fair for insurance companies to not insure people with pre-existing conditions, but now if they have to, and can't charge them more, that means everyone else's premiums will go up.

Let's not even mention that a number of attorney generals have already stated they intend to sue on the basis that such legislation is unconstitutional, so there's a huge waste of time and money. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for reform, but not this reform.
avatar
mar
Admin

Posts : 71
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by mrohr on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:36 pm

supermarissa26 wrote:
petunia846 wrote:
supermarissa26 wrote:I'm just sayin...it can easily go both ways depending on who you choose to call out.
Certainly.

Tim Matheson is Evil Larry from the show. He also directs a lot.

Evil Larry...as if there was any other! LOL

Not going to lie, I actually prefer to read all my politics news than watch TV (any channel for it). Though, I saw the most amazing Glen Beck (I know, it's weird because normally he is full on crazy) show where he had an all black audience to get their thoughts on Obama. It was really cool to see.
Okay, still figuring out how to do things here... ;)
So I read an article about TV news consultants about a week ago, and thought you guys might be interested. --m
http://blog.seattlepi.com/rickstevestravel/archives/199358.asp

mrohr

Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-03-31
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by mar on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:34 pm

I just thought I'd post something kind of interesting to me. There is a case that the Supreme Court has agreed to hear - Snyder vs Westboro Baptist Church - which has gotten tons of national attention. For those who don't know, Westboro Baptist Church are the people who protest homosexuality at military funerals. Which I never understood because it's not like the military is really a gay rights champion...Anyway, pretty much everyone agrees they are crazy and stupid and clearly mislead about life. But the reason it's interesting to me is the plaintiff (Snyder) is from where I live. So far he initially won millions, then it was appealed, he lost and was ordered to pay legal fees (which he could have contested but was late filing, so that's on him). But in a truly classy act, (despite whatever else he does) Bill OReilly has offered to pay any fees.

Anyway, the whole case is interesting in the free speech realm. The "church" does everything by the book, getting the proper permits, etc, so they only challenge is based on WHAT they say. Personally, I couldn't disagree with them more, but they do have every right to believe and preach whatever they believe. Should be interesting to see how it plays out...
avatar
mar
Admin

Posts : 71
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by petunia846 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:25 pm

There was a big stink about them down here recently, the Westboro "people", because they were going to protest the anniversary of the VT shooting and also of this girl who disappeared from a concert in Charlottesville and then turned up murdered months later. Crazy ass people. I think their deal is that they think the bad things happen to people because they are sinful. Thus they think this murdered girl was evil and the random victims at VT and probably the campus at large are also evil. Craziness.

I didn't know they were involved in a SC case.

petunia846

Posts : 87
Join date : 2010-03-10
Location : Here.

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by mar on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Here is a link...please don't stalk me. Especially those of you who know my last name. LOL

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100413/ap_on_re_us/us_funeral_protests
avatar
mar
Admin

Posts : 71
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by FiRocks on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:10 am

I don't really get why they would pick a funeral, any funeral as a platform for their ideals. That has never made any sense to me, don't they realize that it doesn't lead people to their cause, it just alienates them? Especially at a military funeral where these young men and women gave their lives protecting the very freedoms they have on display via free speech. A part of me wants one of the military people to exercise their 12th Amendment Rights around these protesters.
avatar
FiRocks

Posts : 92
Join date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum